Well Rounded Reading Cooperative (WRRC)

Category-Based Online Book Club ~ To Learn and Share our Literary Treasures

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Fever 1793 by Laurie Halse Anderson

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Karen We

PostSubject: Fever 1793 by Laurie Halse Anderson   Wed 17 Jun 2009, 10:53 am

I'm back again with another recommendation. In fact for this category, I had several books I wanted to share with you all. My daughter and I are involved in a mother/daughter book club and this book was one we read last summer. It tells the story of the yellow fever epidemic that hit Philadephia in 1793.

This was a gripping story of how 14 year old Mattie Cook's life changes dramatically as the deadly yellow fever ravages through the streets of Philadephia causing one of the worst epidemics in United States history.

This book was a real page turner and gave incredible insight into the horrors and heroism that occurred during this time of history. This was an excellent book for our book club because it really lent itself to some good discussion among the girls and adults.

5 stars
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fever 1793 by Laurie Halse Anderson   Thu 25 Jun 2009, 1:34 pm

You really find some good ones Karen. This sounds excellent. I'm so excited for this topic as I have a new love for YA literature. There are some really exciting things happening in that category these days.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wrrc.4umer.net

Fever 1793 by Laurie Halse Anderson
Page 1 of 1