Well Rounded Reading Cooperative (WRRC)

Category-Based Online Book Club ~ To Learn and Share our Literary Treasures

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Thank you, Jeeves by PG Wodehouse (c. 1934)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lori

PostSubject: Thank you, Jeeves by PG Wodehouse (c. 1934)   Thu 15 Jan 2009, 8:40 pm

I picked another book from this topic. Third's a charm. I have read other books by Wodehouse and enjoyed them. I have also watched alot of the Wooster and Jeeves series on PBS and thought they were a riot. I am a couple of pages in and so far so good.

Lori
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Thank you, Jeeves by PG Wodehouse (c. 1934)   Sat 17 Jan 2009, 7:59 pm

Well I finished Thank You, Jeeves and I would give it 4 stars. I laughed out loud a couple of times and it was very enjoyable. I like the way Wodehouse writes. Wooster (dim but kind) is always getting into messes and Jeeves (his valet) is always getting him out. If someone wants something light hearted this would be a good one. One warning - it was written in 1934 and some of the terms used are definitely not PC in 2009.

Lori
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Thank you, Jeeves by PG Wodehouse (c. 1934)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Well Rounded Reading Cooperative (WRRC) :: The Twelve Categories - 2009 :: 3. Bucket Listers-
Jump to: