Well Rounded Reading Cooperative (WRRC)

Category-Based Online Book Club ~ To Learn and Share our Literary Treasures

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Twilight by Stephanie Meyers

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sherryl

PostSubject: Twilight by Stephanie Meyers   Sat 11 Apr 2009, 10:36 pm

So I had originally planned to read a book that a friend of mine wrote named, "Switcher". However, my daughter and niece have both claimed my copy for school projects, so I have been moved to the bottom of the totem pole. I do still plan to read it as I'm so proud of my friend for overcoming so many adversities and making her dreams come true. So when I do read it I'll stick in a review.

So I've decided to plunge into the world of "Twilight". My 11-year old daughter asked to read it, (because everyone else is) and after looking at a lot of online reviews, I decided I needed to read it first. The author never intended it to be a "Young Adult" book, but the publisher decided to classify it that way. For those of you not familiar with its current popularity...it's a story of good vs. evil...I'll keep you posted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monacomunchco

PostSubject: Twilight by Stephanie Meyers   Mon 13 Apr 2009, 11:55 am

Both my daughters read Twilight and loved it , so I too am now reading it .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Twilight by Stephanie Meyers   Mon 13 Apr 2009, 3:57 pm

Interesting Jen and Sherryl ... I'm really interested in your "non hype" opinions on it. I cannot seem to get a person who is either in the "won't read a kids' book" camp or the blind devotion (cult like) camp on this book. I heard it wasn't really a "teen" book either, although that is certainly where it is marketed in Barnes and Noble, etc.

I saw it again today and keep thinking maybe I'll try it ... but I'll let you be the guinea pigs first! I'm not really all that interested in vampires, but maybe this will change my mind.

Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wrrc.4umer.net
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Twilight by Stephanie Meyers   Mon 13 Apr 2009, 7:05 pm

I've heard good things about this series. Supposedly its helped the Harry Potter fans with their withdrawal :-) Looking forward to the reviews.

Lori
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monacomunchco

PostSubject: Twilight   Wed 29 Apr 2009, 12:13 pm

Didnt like it, didnt get it ? Its like Anne Rice for kids . The only plus to reading it, my daughters loved talking to me about it .I did see the movie once I finished the book, painful I say skip them both ! Now that I finished Twilight my girls asked me to read New Moon .They want to see the the movie together when it comes out .I started , but just can't stay focused . I love spening time with my kids, but this I am not enjoying . Can't wait to see the other Twilight reviews ! Maybe I am just odd, because as someone did mention, people love this book in a cult like way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Twilight by Stephanie Meyers   Thu 30 Apr 2009, 10:25 am

Thanks for the review ~ I don't get it either (in theory anyway as I have not read the book nor seen the movies). I just think kids and adults are so desperate for something to be "into" because it's a fun thing ... series, books, movies, etc. - sort of an escape from the every day ...

I know the feeling though, my niece is really into Webkinz and various things and I do it for the fun of spending time with her and learning about her. It gets them talking about other stuff and just makes them feel good when you get into what they are into.

Have fun at the movie ... hee hee.

Carolyn
Admin
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wrrc.4umer.net
Joannee

PostSubject: Re: Twilight by Stephanie Meyers   Thu 30 Apr 2009, 5:46 pm

Here I am thinking about my choice for this category and the first one I thought of was TWILIGHT. But, with all the reviews -- and comments -- I leaning elsewhere, and will save the read for a non-club activity. So, was it really good or just - a good little story?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sherryl

PostSubject: Twilight   Mon 11 May 2009, 9:05 am

Well, I FINALLY finished it. I honestly don't see what the hype is. It was good - but it took me getting through 3/4 of the book before I thought that. I don't plan on reading the sequels. I was chatting with my sister-in-law about it, who is single and in her 30's. She described it as a young innocent romantic love story - so I guess that best summarizes it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twilight by Stephanie Meyers   

Back to top Go down

Twilight by Stephanie Meyers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Well Rounded Reading Cooperative (WRRC) :: The Twelve Categories - 2009 :: 8. Not Just for Kids-
Jump to: